Modern, bold and geometric, the design of this amazing cowl can be either stunningly vibrant or subtly shifting depending on your colour choice. Surprisingly easy and fun to knit, and super versatile to wear. How many colour combo’s can you think of?
Yarn and Materials –
Approx. 200g total of Cloud Forest Yarns 4 ply (fingering) in two colours.
Sample uses Cloud Forest Yarns Silk/Merino in ‘Valentino’ and ‘Quicksilver’.
4.5mm (US 7) needles, straight or circular.
Yarn needle to sew in ends.
Cowl is one size but easily adjustable. Sample is approx. 35cm (14”) wide and 145cm (57”) in circumference.
Approx. 20st X 32rows to 10x10cm (4x4”) on 4.5mm (US 7) needles in stocking stitch.
But not terribly important.
St/Sts – Stitch / Stitches.
RS / WS – right side / wrong side.
K1 / P1 – Knit one stitch / Purl one stitch.
C1/C2 – Colour 1 /Colour2.
S2KP – slip two stitches together knitwise, knit one, then pass the two slipped stitches over the knit stitch and off the needle reducing 3 sts to 1.
Kfb – Knit into the front and then the back of a stitch to make an extra stitch.
K2tog – Knit 2 together. Pick up 2 sts from the left needle and knit them together.
Pattern notes –
- This cowl is knitted flat and then the ends are joined to form a loop.
- To increase/decrease the width of the cowl increase/decrease number of cast on stitches in increments of 27.
- You can also knit this as a scarf or wrap. Simply cast on and off as usual and don’t join the ends!
If you would like to pick up your order from Itty Bitty Yarn Shop, enter 'PICKUP' in the coupon section at the end of your purchase. (It's right at the end!)
I will then email you when your order is ready to be picked up. Itty Bitty is open Wednesday, Saturday ans Sunday from 9-3, and is situated within The Lifestyle centre at 225 Mt Glorious Rd, Samford Valley, QLD, 4520, AUSTRALIA.
* Cloud Forest Yarns accepts payment via PayPal in AUD *
* All major credit cards are accepted via this secure process - and you do not need to have a PayPal account to complete the transaction.
We never see you credit card/bank account information. PayPal simply informs us when a payment has been completed - then we ship your goodies!
* Payment must be received in full prior to shipment *
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
* We want you to be extremely happy with your new Cloud Forest Yarn. In the unlikely event that you are anything less, please get in touch immediately! We want you to have a positive shopping experience with us and will do whatever possible to keep your purchase a joy!
* Returns are accepted on faulty goods, or should you receive an incorrect item. The item(s) must be returned within 2 weeks of receiving them and must be returned to in their original condition.
If a refund is deemed necessary, we will activate the refund through Paypal once the goods are received back in our studio. A refund of the original product purchase price (not including shipping costs) will be issued within 2 days of receiving and checking the product(s).
*We will only refund shipping costs if an error was made on our part.
* All yarn items are made in a cigarette free, airy and light-filled studio. However, this studio is shared with two loving felines. They are pretty good at staying away from the yarn (they can’t stand the silent treatment received for bad behaviour!) but if you are HIGHLY allergic to cats, you may want to find your yarn elsewhere.
* While we do everything we can to photograph colours accurately, please be aware that colours may appear differently on your monitor.