This beautiful mid size wrap is a joy to knit with the many interesting techniques that come together to create a gorgeous piece to both admire and wear.
Yarn and Materials Needed –
2 skeins Cloud Forest Yarns 4 yarn. (1 in each colour) or approx. 300mt. of colour B and 250mt. of colour A in your favourite fingering weight / 4 ply yarn. (Samples use 50/50 in Dark Cirque / Mother of Pearl and Jewels / Wasabi)
3.75mm and 4mm circular needles. You’ll need at least an 80cm cable.
Darning needle to sew up.
This wrap is approx. 45cm deep and 210cm wing span, once blocked.
Approx. 24st X 30rows on 4mm needles in stocking stitch. (Not terribly important)
St/Sts – Stitch / Stitches.
RS / WS – right side / wrong side.
K1 / P1 – Knit one stitch / Purl one stitch.
Yo – yarn over - wrap yarn around right needle once to create extra stitch.
M1L – With left needle tip, lift strand between sts from front to back and knit into back of the loop.
M1R – With left needle tip, lift strand between sts from back to front and knit into front of the loop.
M1PL / M1PR - make 1 purl left / right, same as above but with purl sts.
CDD – central double decrease – slip 2 sts together knitwise, knit next st, pass slipped sts over knitted stitch and off needle. 3 sts decreased to 1.
K2tog – knit 2 sts together knitwise. 2 sts decreased to 1.
Kfb – knit into the front and then the back of a st. Increases 1 st to 2.
Pfb – as above but with purl sts.
S1 – slip 1 st. Slip 1 st from right needle to left purlwise.
Pattern Notes –
This wrap is knitted from the centre top down in one piece. It is of intermediate skill level. Techniques include stocking tab cast on, mosaic colour work, stranded colour work, chevron stripes and I-cord bind off. Video tutorials for these techniques can be found on YouTube.
* Cloud Forest Yarns accepts payment via PayPal in AUD *
* All major credit cards are accepted via this secure process - and you do not need to have a PayPal account to complete the transaction.
We never see you credit card/bank account information. PayPal simply informs us when a payment has been completed - then we ship your goodies!
* Payment must be received in full prior to shipment *
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
* We want you to be extremely happy with your new Cloud Forest Yarn. In the unlikely event that you are anything less, please get in touch immediately! We want you to have a positive shopping experience with us and will do whatever possible to keep your purchase a joy!
* Returns are accepted on faulty goods, or should you receive an incorrect item. The item(s) must be returned within 2 weeks of receiving them and must be returned to in their original condition.
If a refund is deemed necessary, we will activate the refund through Paypal once the goods are received back in our studio. A refund of the original product purchase price (not including shipping costs) will be issued within 2 days of receiving and checking the product(s).
*We will only refund shipping costs if an error was made on our part.
* All yarn items are made in a cigarette free, airy and light-filled studio. However, this studio is shared with two loving felines. They are pretty good at staying away from the yarn (they can’t stand the silent treatment received for bad behaviour!) but if you are HIGHLY allergic to cats, you may want to find your yarn elsewhere.
* While we do everything we can to photograph colours accurately, please be aware that colours may appear differently on your monitor.